|Employee Life Insurance
A lump sum benefit is payable to the beneficiary upon the employee's death.
For more information about the Employee Life Insurance benefit, click here.
|Dependent Life Insurance
The following lump sum benefits are provided:
- $10,000 upon the death of your spouse (if any)
- $5,000 upon the death of a dependent child (if any)
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment
24-hour coverage is provided to protect against on or off-the-job accidents - whether at work, at home, or on vacation.
For more information about the Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit, click here.
|Extended Health Care
- Prescription Drugs - 80%*, subject to a maximum $9.00 dispensing fee per prescription (a maximum of five (5) dispensing fees are covered for each maintenance drug every calendar year)
- All Other Expenses - 100%
*Once an individual incurs $5,000 or more in eligible prescription drug claims in a calendar year, the coverage level increases to 90% for the remainder of the calendar year.
- Paramedical Practitioners - $600 per calendar year for physiotherapists; $500 per calendar year for all other covered practitioners
- Hospital - semi-private accommodation
- Home Care Nursing - $10,000 every calendar year
- Hearing Aids - $1,000 every five calendar years
- Orthopedic Footwear (custom-made) - $400 every calendar year
- Orthotics (custom-made) - $350 every calendar year
- Out-of-Province/Canada Emergency Medical -$2,000,000 per incident
- Out-of-Country Non-Emergency Care - $25,000 lifetime maximum, payable at 50%
All expenses subject to reasonable and customary pricing limitations.
For more information about the Extended Health Care benefit, click here.
Coverage Level: 100%
- Eye Exams (for employees and dependents) - $75 every two calendar years if age 19 or over, $75 every calendar year if under age 19
- Eyewear (for employees and dependents) - $350 every two calendar years if age 19 or over, $350 every calendar year if under age 19
- Prescription Safety Glasses (for employees only) - $150 every two calendar years in addition to Eyewear benefit
For more information about the Vision Care benefit, click here.
The coverage levels indicated below are based on the applicable provincial General Practitioners or Specialists Fee Guide amounts (in Alberta, coverage is based on representative pricing).
- Basic Services - 80% coverage
- Major Services - 50% coverage
- Orthodontic Services - 50% coverage (under age 19 only)
- Accidental Services - 100% coverage
- Basic and Major Services Combined - $2,500 every calendar year
- Orthodontic Services - $2,500 lifetime
- Accidental Services - $10,000 per accident
For more information about the Dental Care benefit, click here.
|Long Term Disability
- First 120 days of total disability - no LTD benefit is payable during the 120-day Elimination Period
- After 120 days of total disability: a flat benefit amount is payable for the first 24 monthly payments. The benefit level then increases and remains level while you remain disabled, up to age 65
Maximum Benefit Period:
For more information about the Long Term Disability benefit, click here.
|Employee and Family Assistance Program
Access to short-term confidential counselling, work/life support services and specialized programs to assist with personal, work-related and health concerns.
24-hour access via telephone, eCounselling and chat service.
For more information about EFAP services, click here.
Access to the best medical minds in the world to assist in making health care decisions with confidence. Second medical opinions, assistance in locating specialists and treatment facilities and expert answers to medical questions are available to employees and dependents.
For more information about Best Doctors services, click here.
Best Doctors, InterConsultation, FindBestDoc, FindBestCare, Best Doctors 360° and the Star-in-Cross logo are trademarks of Best Doctors Inc.